There is a place for you here.
Whatever your story, wherever your life’s journey has taken you.
You are beautiful. You are beloved. You are precious.
Just as you are, you are welcome.
We are two parish churches in the North East of Swindon. Each church has its own distinct identity, community and culture but both share a love of God, a pride in their community, and a Parish Priest. We worship, study and socialise together at various points throughout the year, rejoicing in both our unity and our diversity.
At both churches you will find a warm welcome and space to be yourself in the presence and grace of Christ. St Peter’s is a member of Inclusive Church, and subscribes to the Inclusive Church statement of faith. (See here for further information) Both St Peter’s and St Philip’s strive to be places of inclusion, of welcome, of grace, sharing Christ’s hospitality and love with ALL regardless of gender, sexuality, race, colour or story.
Throughout the national lockdown, worship has taken placed in peoples homes. Service materials and videos can be found here.
Safeguarding Children and Vulnerable Adults
Our churches take their duty and obligation to protect all extremely seriously. We have adopted the national Church of England’s robust procedures and guidelines. You can find out more about the national policies and procedures at www.churchofengland.org
We are committed to:
- Promoting a safer environment and culture.
- Safely recruiting and supporting all those with any responsibility related to children, young people and vulnerable adults within the church.
- Responding promptly to every safeguarding concern or allegation.
- Providing appropriate care for victims/survivors of abuse and other affected persons.
- Providing appropriate care for those who are the subject of concerns or allegations of abuse and other affected persons.
- Responding to those that may pose a present risk to others.
Further information is available here